The hunt for the Mission Falls paid off — I finished my hat in no time.
I made up the pattern as I knit it, and I’m pretty pleased. The only modification I would make for future knitting of this hat would be to use a smaller needle for the ribbing, but since I only had one needle with me it turned out well. It’s just the right fit — not too tight on my head, not too loose.
Here’s a lovely picture:
(Yes, I am turned to the window to disguise the fact that I just woke up from a nap).
As you can see, the ends haven’t been woven in, and the hat seriously needs to be blocked. I think I’ve found a new love — knitting continental style. It took some getting used to, though, and the tension is kind of wonky near the beginning. Decreases also took some getting used to. I did cheat and do the ribbing English style. I’m playing with the idea of adding a pom pom, but I’m afraid that might make it too “golfer” looking. Then again, it could just be really cute.
I will definitely knit this hat again — it went by really quickly and I love the finished product!