I-cord to the rescue!

You may remember my blog post about the Milo Soaker. Not a terrible pattern, but waaay too big in the waist for my little big Johnny.

Since I don’t have time to knit more soakers until my deadline is met, and after that I will be working on more designy things, I decided I really need to make Milo work. The simple solution was to knit a long i-cord and thread it through the waistband. That’s exactly what I did.


Johnny has worn his soaker three nights without any leaks! For those of you interested in the cloth diapering details, I am using a regular prefold with a BumGenius doubler. His diaper is completely saturated when he wakes up, but the bed and his clothes are dry. (I have gotten many questions about cloth diapering and was thinking about doing a post about cloth – would that be interesting to people?) I think I am going to relanolize the soaker, because though it hasn’t leaked I really don’t think I added enough lanolin the first time.

So to summarize:
1. I-cords are awesome.
2. Johnny is happy in his new soaker!

Advertisements
This entry was posted in Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.

2 Responses to I-cord to the rescue!

  1. Kristin says:

    He is so fat! I love him so much!!!

  2. Holly says:

    Ahhhhh! I just want to squeeze him!!

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s